⚠️ The option to disagree to consent through a negative action on the first view of the notice is legally required in some countries, like France.
- You can now add this choice to your notices from the Didomi console, which will allow the user to refuse consent from the first view of the banner when they visit your website or mobile app.
- For mobile apps, make sure that your SDK version is, at least:
- 1.32.0 on Android
- 1.43.0 on iOS
- All new notices created from now on will have a "disagree" option by default. Nonetheless, you also can modify your existing notices in the console.
In this article, you will find the steps to follow to add this option to your notice.
✅ Add the option to disagree
- Go to the Didomi console.
- Click on Consent Notices in the menu on the left.
- Choose your consent notice.
- Click on the fourth step called BEHAVIOR.
- Scroll down until you arrive at the Notice Buttons section.
You can add the option to disagree in two different ways:
- You can display a Disagree to all button, which will appear next to the Agree to all button. (1)
This button will de displayed by default in the same color as the Learn more button. If you want it to have the same background as the Agree to all button, you just have to check the box that allows you to do so. (2)
- You can also add a Continue without agreeing link, instead of a button. This link will appear by default at the top of your notice. (3)
- You also have the option to add a cross to your notice (4).
- Here is what the notice looks like with the Disagree to all button:
- Here is what the notice looks like with the Continue without agreeing link:
Note: You can change the text that is displayed on the disagree button using the configuration key "notice.content.deny". 📰 This process is explained further in our documentation.
- You can also choose not to add any negative action options to the first level of you notice. In this case, the user will be able to disagree by accessing the second view of the notice.
- To do this, select this option as shown in the image below:
✅ Behavior of legitimate interest when a user disagrees
You have the option to keep legitimate interest activated even if the user disagrees on your consent notice.
- Select one or the two options displayed in the Legitimate Interest section of the step BEHAVIOR.
- Click on SAVE when you are done.
⚠️ In order to deactivate legitimate interest from the moment a user disagrees, none of the two options should be selected.
- Consult this article to learn more about how to configure the behavior of legitimate interest.