- Go to the Didomi console.
- Click on Consent Notices (1) in the left menu.
- Click on + CREATE NOTICE (2) at the top right of your screen.
Within the Environment section, you will be able to choose where you want to deploy your banner.
- Choose AMP Website.
- Enter the name of your banner.
👉When you have several domains linked to a single API key, you can choose to deploy the Consent Notice on all your domains or to deploy it only on a specific domain.
This is especially useful if you want to customize the banner according to the design of your different sites.
- To deploy the Consent Notice on a specific domain, click on custom domain.
- Enter the URL of your site without the "https" or "www".
- Click on the + on the right to add your domain.
👉You can add as many specific domains as you want.
⚠️ AMP is a Google format and it is not possible to share consent between AMP pages and non-AMP pages. On AMP, the only thing we can do as a CMP is share consent between AMP pages.
- Click on SAVE & CONTINUE at the bottom-right of your screen.
✅ Look & Feel👉The second step LOOK & FEEL allows you to customize the appearance of your banner.
AMP banners can only be deployed with a bottom sticky banner format. The pop-in format is not available.
By default, the consent notice will allow the user to access your website and will not force them to make a choice.
📰 You can activate an option that will not allow the user to engage with the site before making a choice.
- Then choose the color (the theme) and the font of your banner.
The first color matches the button and the overall color of your banner.
The second color matches the color of the links.
The logo URL is currently not working with AMP. You have to follow the setup instructions 📰 in the developer guide.
In fact, you have to add some custom JSON in the "BEHAVIOR "step of the Didomi console field. We'll explain this later in this guide.
- Choose the language of your banner.
- You can choose a default language. It will be displayed as soon as the user's language is not available.
👉You can also select other languages. They will be displayed according to the user's smartphone language that is detected.
For example if you choose to add Spanish, as soon as a user has the Spanish language enabled in the smartphone the banner will be displayed in Spanish.
We currently have 35 languages available that you can choose from.
- Choose the texts that will appear on your banner.
- Enter the name of your company first. It will appear on the second page of the banner if the user clicks on Learn more. It will be placed just above the text Preferences.
👉Didomi provides a standard text that was validated by the IAB Europe and that is regularly updated to remain in compliance with the framework.
- If you do not want to use Didomi's approved text, you can use a fully custom text and you will have to disable the TCF integration on your website or mobile app.
Enter the text that will appear on the banner once the user clicks on "Learn more".
If you change the default texts, you have to translate them.
Click SAVE AND CONTINUE to go to the next step.
You can always go back to the previous steps by clicking on the name of the step at the top of your screen:
✅ Vendors & Purposes
- Go on the Consent notice section (1).
- Go on Vendors & Purposes (2).
- You can add all IAB vendors by clicking on All IAB vendors, select some or none.
Here is a list of all IAB vendors.
You can then add all other non-IAB partners on your website by clicking on NEW VENDOR.
We already have a number of available partners (Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp). To create a new partner, click on the + NEW VENDOR button.
You can choose to link your custom vendors to an IAB purpose.
You also have the option to fill out more information about your custom partner by clicking on Advanced.
This is all the necessary information to have on a data processor according to the GDPR.
If you wish, you can link your custom vendor to a personalized purpose. In this case, you can choose if you want your purposes to have consent or legitimate interest as a legal basis.
For this, you need to create a new purpose in the Didomi console.
⚠️ Before switching to the creation of purposes, don't forget to save the vendors set up you've just created: "SAVE & CONTINUE" at the very end of the Vendors & Purposes step of your consent notice.
- Go to the menu on the left.
- Click on Data Manager.
- Click on Purposes.
- Click on + ADD PURPOSE at the top right.
Once your purpose is added, you will find it when you will create your partner in your Consent Notice.
⚠️ Publishers Restrictions are not available on AMP because they are too heavy to be supported by this format.
⚠️ Stacks are not available on AMP.
- Click on SAVE AND CONTINUE to move to the next step.
✅ Behavior👉If you wanted to add your logo on the mobile consent notice, this is the step where you will have to configure the SDK with a custom JSON.
- In this step, you will be able to choose the country that your company is operating from in the section Company Country.
- This step also allows companies based outside the EU to choose to display the banner only to users based in the EU.
If you are an EU-based company, let the Apply GDPR Globally box checked.
In the section Notice buttons (Consent Collection), you can choose whether or not you want to add an option to disagree to consent in the first view of the banner. This article explains this option further.
- In Advanced, you can choose to recollect consent on a precise date.
You can also choose after how many days you want to re-display the banner if you add new vendors, or if new IAB vendors are added to the framework.
The banner will not be displayed again until the number of days you have set.
Here is how to put the logo in the field Custom JSON:
- You can read our 📰 technical documentation in order to learn all the options offered by Didomi.
Click on SAVE AND CONTINUE to go to the next step.
- For AMP consent notice, the IAB Transparency & Consent Framework is the only integration available through the console. This means that we will send the consent signal to IAB vendors.
🎉 Congrats! Your tag is ready!
Click on PREVIEW on the top right to preview your Consent Notice.
On AMP , you will need to:
- Block all non IAB vendors before publishing your notice. In fact, Vendors that are not part of the IAB framework need to be blocked in your AMP configuration to only execute their SDK and collect user personal data after consent is collected. You will find the developer documentation 📰 here.
📰 Read our documentation to learn more about this.
Then you just have to click on the PUBLISH button on the top right and setup the Didomi SDK.
⚠️ AMP supports collecting user consent and conditioning the loading of vendors' tags through the <amp-consent> tag.
- A single common consent status is stored and all vendors and purposes have the same status. This means that the user cannot enable or disable purposes or vendors specifically.
- Limited support of the IAB specification and integrations. The IAB consent string is collected and passed into AMP but support of the consent depends on IAB vendors. Confirm with your IAB vendors that they have updated their AMP integrations to collect consent strings.
- Once the preferences pop-in is opened, it is not possible to switch back to a banner notice.
- For AMP format the essential cookies function isn't available.
- When the window is 100% opened, the user can't go back to a smaller window. As a consequence when a user goes to the preference view if he clicks on "X" the banner will be closed without any consent status. You can fix this by choosing to hide the "X" icon and disallow closing the popup until the user has expressed a choice for every purpose by setting canCloseWhenConsentIsMissing to false in the custom JSON field. You can follow the 📰 developer guide.
The AMP team has plans to mitigate some of these limitations. Didomi will update its SDK when updates are made to the AMP platform.
Find the Consent String on AMP
You can find it in the local storage, and you will see a key which is called "amp-store: WEBSITEURL". In this key, there is a string in "base64" format that contains the v2 consent string. You will be able to decode by using this kind of tool : https://www.base64decode.org/