Didomi now allows you to collect consent for Connected TV apps (CTV).
You can create a consent notice for CTV directly on the Didomi console.
Here is a guide to help you through the different steps to create your banner.
Go on your Didomi console and click on "Consent Notices" (1) on the left menu, then on "+ CREATE NOTICE". (2)
The first step is "ENVIRONMENT" that will help you choose where you wish to deploy your banner.
- Enter the name of your consent notice.
- Select "Television App".
- When you have multiple TV apps connected to one single API key, you can choose to deploy the banner on all your apps or on a specific one.
- This is useful in case you want to customize your banner depending on the design of different apps.
- To deploy it on a specific app, click on "Custom television app IDs" and enter the app ID.
- Then click on the "+" on the right to add your ID.
You can add as many IDs as you want.
- Then click on "SAVE & CONTINUE" on the bottom right.
✅ Look & Feel
The second step is "LOOK & FEEL" that enables you to customize the appearance of your banner.
- You can add the URL of your logo, that will be displayed on the first view of the notice.
- Change the language of your consent notice.
- You can choose a default language. The latter will be displayed when the language of the user is not available.
- You can also select other available languages that will be displayed depending on the browser language of the user. For instance, if you choose to add Spanish, when a user has a browser in Spanish, the banner will be displayed in this language.
- We currently own 35 languages.
- Choose the texts that will be displayed on your consent notice.
- Enter the name of your company. It will appear on the second page of the consent notice of the user click on "Learn more". It will be juste above "Preferences".
Didomi is providing a standard text that has been validated by the IAB Europe and that is regularly updated to be TCF compliant.
You can also use your own approved text. The IAB Europe is the only one to approve standard texts.
To get your text approved, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that they study it and attest that your notice is TCF compliant.
Once the IAB Europe approved your text, transfer your email to email@example.com.
When you're using a standard text on the Web, the list of purposes/stacks and special features will be automatically displayed on your notice and won't be hidden.
If you neither wish to use the standard text from Didomi nor submit your text to the IAB for approval, you can use a fully customized text by selcting the "Custom Text" option, but you will have to deactivate the TCF integration on your CTV apps.
Finally, you can add the text that will appear on a second and third level, once the user has clicked on "Learn more".
If your change your default texts, you need to translate them in the languages that have been selected.
You can come back to the previous steps anytime by clicking on the name of step on the top of your screen.
- Click on "SAVE & CONTINUE" to go to the next step.
✅ Vendors & Purposes
This step will enable you to add partners present on you app CTV to collect the consent for them.
- You can add all IAB vendors, select some of them or none.
- Here's the list of the IAB vendors.
- You can then add all non IAB vendors of your CTV.
We already have a few vendors already available on the console: Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp.
- To crearte a new vendor, click on "+ NEW VENDOR".
You have the possibility to fill in more info about this vendor by clicking on "Advanced". These are all necessary info that we need to have about a subcontractor.
You will find the custom ID of your vendor when it will be created. This will be useful to condition its intervention when consent is given.
- You can choose to connect vendors to an IAB purpose.
- If you want, you can also link a vendor to a customized purpose. In this case, you can choose the legal basis (consent or legitimate interest).
- To do so, you need to create a new purpose on the Didomi console.
Go on the left meny and click on "Data Manager", then "PURPOSES" and finally on "+ ADD PURPOSE" on the top right.
Fill in the name of the purpose. The default language is English, but you can translate it to French by clicking on the "English" icon on the top left.
- When the purpose has been added, you'll find it back when you create you partner.
- In the "IAB TCF Publisher Restrictions" section, you can put set some restrictions on the purposes and the legal bases. Feel free to check out this article to learn more.
- Below, you will find the "PURPOSES" section. For example, when you select "ALL IAB VENDORS": the IAB purposes will appear in this section. These will be the ones that will appear in the preferences view of your consent notice.
- Click on "SAVE & CONTINUE".
- In this step, you can choose the coutnry where your company is located in the "Company Country" section.
This step enables companies located out of the EU to choose to display a specific banner for users from EU.
If you're a company located in the EU, leave the pre-ticked box "Apply GDPR globally" as it is.
- In the "Notice buttons" section, you can choose if you want to add an option that enables you to refuse consent on the first level of the consent notice. Have a look at this article to learn more.
- In "Advanced", you are able to recollect consent after a precise date.
You can also choose the amount of days after which you wish to re-display the consent notice to a user when new vendors have been added by you or if new vendors have been added to the IAB framwork.
This prevents you from re-displaying the banner everytime there are vendors that are added, which is not user-friendly.
- The Custom JSON field enables you to add options hat are not available at the moment on our console : the area you want to display the banner, the text/logo alignment, etc.
You can also have a look at our 📰 technical documentation to know more about the panel of options that we provide.
- Then click on "SAVE & CONTINUE".
- On CTV, the only integration available on the console is "IAB Transparency & Consent Framework". This means that we're transmitting the signal of consent to IAB vendors.
To set up you're CTV notice, you'll need to:
- Block all non IAB vendors before publishing your notice: vendors that aren't part of the IAB framework need to be disabled so that they only collect consent once the user agreed. You'll find the developement guide here.
Then, you just need to click on "SAVE & PUBLISH" on top right and set up Didomi's SDK for Android TV or tvOS while following our documentation.