The ePrivacy directive allows some cookies to be exempted from the requirement of consent, if they satisfy one of the following criteria:
✅ The cookie is used “for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network”.✅ The cookie is “strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service”.
Note that it does not exempt from the obligation of information and you need to inform the user of the use of such cookies in your Privacy/cookies Policy.
Didomi allows you to create a "REQUIRED" Purpose for your necessary cookies that the user cannot refuse.
To create a "Required" purpose, you need to:
- Create a custom purpose
- Link your purpose to a vendor
- Make your purpose "Required"
1- Create a custom purpose
- You have to click on "Data Manager" on the left-hand side menu on your screen, then on "PURPOSES" and on the top right-hand side, on "+ ADD PURPOSE".
You have to give the custom purpose a name, and then describe it in the field underneath if you wish to. Do not forget to "SAVE&CONTINUE" at the bottom of the window once you are done filling in the fields.
- For instance, if you want to create a "REQUIRED" purpose:
2- Link your purpose to a vendor
- Then, you need to go to the "Data Manager" (1) section, and then click on "Vendors" (2) to link your new purpose to your vendor (you or a partner) (3).
3- Make your purpose "Required"
- Go on the purposes part in the "VENDORS&PURPOSES" step.
- Then check the box "REQUIRED" to make your purpose required.
- Finally, your purpose will be "REQUIRED" in the Preferences view of your banner, and the user will not be able to reject the partner linked to this purpose.
- Don't forget to click on "SAVE&PUBLISH" when you are done!