The ePrivacy directive allows some cookies to be exempted from the requirement of consent, if they satisfy one of the following criteria:
✅ The cookie is used “for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network”.✅ The cookie is “strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service”.
Note that it does not exempt from the obligation of information and you need to inform the user of the use of such cookies in your Privacy/cookies Policy.
Didomi allows you to create a REQUIRED Purpose for your necessary cookies that the user cannot refuse.
To create a Required purpose, you need to:
- Create a custom purpose.
- Link your purpose to a vendor.
- Make your purpose Required.
Create a custom purpose
- Click on Data Manager on the left-hand side menu on your screen.
- Click on PURPOSES.
- On the top right-hand side, click on + ADD PURPOSE.
You have to give the custom purpose a name, and then describe it in the field underneath if you wish to. Do not forget to SAVE & CONTINUE at the bottom of the window once you are done filling in the fields.
- For instance, if you want to create a REQUIRED purpose:
Link your purpose to a vendor
- Go to the Data Manager (1) section.
- Click on Vendors (2) to link your new purpose to your vendor (you or a partner) (3).
- Fill in the fields, first name your vendor (in our example here we will name is "Facebook").
- Find your custom purpose in the PURPOSES section and find your custom purpose.
Make your purpose "Required"
- Go on the purposes part in the VENDORS & PURPOSES step.
- Check the box REQUIRED to make your purpose required.
- Finally, your purpose will be REQUIRED in the Preferences view of your banner, and the user will not be able to reject the partner linked to this purpose.
- Click on SAVE & PUBLISH when you are done!