Once you arrive at the Regulations step of creating your consent notice, you'll need to select the vendors to be added to your notice, for each regulation covered. You will then link the vendors to purposes.
Didomi gives you the option to create your own purposes. This is useful if you do not wish to link one or more of your vendors to the IAB TCF purposes. Note, even non-IAB vendors in the Didomi database are linked to IAB TCF purposes by default.
Create a custom purpose
You can either create it directly from the notice configuration flow or in the Data Manager.
Create a custom purpose from the notice configuration flow
1. in Step 1. Regulations, you can Edit vendors and purposes for each regulation.
2. In the Vendors section, click on Add a new purpose to create your purpose.
- You can define your purpose in as many languages as needed.
- Your custom purpose will be listed alongside the IAB TCF purposes, as part of the vendor creation step.
To create a custom purpose in the Data Manager section of the console:
- Click on Data Manager on the left side menu of your screen. (1)
- Click on Purposes. (2)
- Click on Add purpose + in the top right corner. (3)
- Click on Create a new purpose +. This step should be performed for all languages supported by the notices where you will use your custom purpose.
- Give the custom purpose a name.
- If you wish, you can add a description.
- Don't forget to click on Save at the bottom.
Once saved, you will find the new purpose in your list of custom purposes.
Link a custom purpose to a vendor
- To link your custom purpose to a vendor, stay in the Data Manager (1).
- Go to the Vendors (2) section.
- Click the Edit icon for the vendor where your custom purpose will be added (or create a new vendor).
- In the fields marked Purposes based on consent and/or Purposes based on legitimate interest, you can search and select your custom purpose.
- Click on Save.
- You will see your purpose in your consent notice: