📕 The IAB TCF version 2 allows publishers to set restrictions on purposes and legal basis used by vendors.
We currently support four types of restrictions:
- Allow purpose - Allow vendors to process data for the specified purpose.
- Disallow purpose - Do not allow vendors to process data for the specified purpose.
- Require consent - Only allow purpose to be processed with consent as a legal basis.
- Require legitimate interest - Only allow purpose to be processed with legitimate interest as a legal basis.
If you want to use restrictions, you can manage them directly in Didomi's console for the web notices only.
Create a restriction
The Publisher Restrictions section is available in the "VENDORS&PURPOSES" step of your notice above the purposes.
- To create a restriction, go on the "VENDORS&PURPOSES" step of your consent notice.
- Then, click on "+ADD RESTRICTION"
- By clicking on "+ADD RESTRICTION" a new window appears. Choose a purpose and the type of restriction you want to add on it.
⚠️ Restrictions cannot be applied to Purpose 1 ("Store and/or access information on a device") or to the Special Features ("Use precise geolocation data" and "Actively scan device characteristics for identification").
- Then, you can apply the restrictions to all the IAB vendors or select some vendors.
- Choose your restriction, you can allow or disable a purpose for your selected vendors, or force a legal basis.
- Click on "SAVE", your restriction is created!
If you want to use publishers restrictions on Mobile application please update your SDKs. The SDK version should be at least :
- 1.25.0 on Android
- 1.37.0 on iOS
✍️ Please note that because of TCF V2 technical specifications, publisher restrictions are heavy and will increase the size of your euconsent-v2 cookie. In some cases, the size of the cookie will become too big for a browser which usually has a limit of 4096 bytes. As a result, the browser won’t be able to store the cookie, and the TCF V2 won’t work properly (that would explain why you could find errors regarding publisher restrictions in your browser console).
📰 Also, remember that special features ("Use precise geolocation data" and "Actively scan device characteristics for identification") don't work based on legitimate interest, that's the reason why you shouldn't apply "Require consent" or "Require legitimate interest" on these.