📕 A vendor is a third party, for example a subcontractor or a partner, who collects user data from your site through tags and cookies, for example.
There are two types of vendors:
- IAB vendors are part of the IAB Framework.
You can find them in this list.
You also have access to it in the Didomi interface in the VENDORS&PURPOSES tab when you create your Consent Notice:
- In the VENDORS&PURPOSES tab. (1)
- You can select all IAB vendors if you want to. (2)
- An IAB vendor always has an "IAB" logo next to its API ID. (3)
For IAB vendors, it is not necessary to block them: the consent signal of the user is automatically sent to the vendor via the "Consent String".
- Vendors that are not part of the IAB Framework (custom vendors).
For Vendors who do not belong to the Framework, it is imperatively necessary to condition the loading of their script to user consent.
📰 For this, please refer to our technical documentation.
You can detect all the partners present on your site (IAB vendors and non IAB vendors) with our Compliance Report Tool available in the Didomi console.
To learn more about how to start your audit, click here.
⚠️ Do not forget to add your partners to your Vendor list when you will create your Consent Notice from the interface (heading Vendors & Purposes).
Click here to learn how to create your banner from the Didomi interface.
✍️ To sum up
- Run your Compliance report to have a list of the partners on your site.
- When you will create your banner, add the partners found in the audit.
- Block partners who are not part of the IAB.