When you get to step 3 of creating your consent notice "VENDORS & PURPOSES", you have to select the vendors that you wish to add to your notice, and link them to purposes.
Vendors in the Didomi Console:
There are two types of vendors in our database:
- IAB vendors that are part of the IAB Framework (they are linked to the IAB purposes they have chosen and you can select them by checking the box "All IAB vendors" or by selecting the ones you are interested in). You can find them in this list.
- Vendors that are not part of the IAB Framework (Non IAB vendors).
If you want to, you can create your own vendors and link them to purposes you want, even when the vendor already exists in the Didomi Database.
How can I create my own vendor ?
- Click on "Consent Notices" on the left-hand side on your screen. (1)
- Click on your banner and then you can directly click on the step "VENDORS & PURPOSES". (2)
- Click on "+ NEW VENDOR" as such (3) :
- Vendors can have two types of legal basis for their purposes: consent or legitimate interest. You can choose which legal basis you want to assign to your custom vendors and purposes.
- Choose the custom purposes that you want to be based on consent in the field "Purposes based on consent". (1)
- Choose the custom purposes that you want to be based on legitimate interest in the field "Purposes based on legitimate interest". (2)
- Click on "SAVE" when you are done.
- You can also link your vendor to the IAB purposes of your choice.
- If you feel the need to, you can fill the "Advanced" section. Here is the way to do so :
- First of all, enter the name of your partners. Then select the category to which your partner belongs to (subsidiary or service provider for example).
- Then enter the country and the type of protection. If your partner is based in the European Union you do not need to fill the type of protection field. To know more about different protections: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/transferer-des-donnees-hors-de-lue.
- Also add the address of the company's headquarters as well as an email address or a contact's phone number (preferably the DPO's or a privacy address).
- Also include the link leading to specific clauses regarding personal data (DPA for data processing agreement), they are clauses that contractualise relationships between a service provider (subcontractor) and his clients (data controller).
- And finally, you will sometimes find a list of subcontractors with whom your partner works (subcontractors are required by the GDPR to inform the managers of the subcontractors with whom they work): you can enter the link in the field "List of Subcontractors".
- When adding a new custom vendor either in the Data Manager or on the Vendors & Purposes step of the Notice Configuration, you can now specify cookie and storage information.
Cookie information includes its duration in seconds, days, or months.
In case of the vendor having additional storages, they can also be added. Additional storages include Cookies, App storage and Web storage with relevant information attached to it. To specify additional storages, you would have to provide the name, domain, and the purposes for which it is used.
- Once you have filled in all the fields, you must click on "SAVE".
After this information is provided and the notice is published, the details will be available across different SDKs in the layer with the vendors.
Please see an example below: