- Our new feature that allows you to create your Consent Notice banner in a few clicks directly from the console.
Previously, you had to follow our technical documentation for developers to create your tag.
Now, there are just a few steps to follow to get your tag and implement it on your website.
Here is a guide to help you to create your Consent Notice!
- Go to the Didomi console and click on "Consent Notices" (1) in the left menu. Then, click on "+ CREATE NOTICE" (2) at the top right of your screen.
🎉 You can now start creating your Consent Notice!
- The first step "ENVIRONMENT" allows you to choose where you want to deploy your banner.
- Enter the name of your banner.
- You can choose to create your banner on your website, on your mobile app or on your CTV app.
Just select the option you want: Website, AMP website, Mobile App or Television App.
- When you have several domains linked to a single API key, you can choose to deploy the Consent Notice on all your domains or to deploy it only on a specific domain.
This is especially useful if you want to customize the banner according to the design of your different sites.
To deploy the Consent Notice on a specific domain, click on custom domain and enter the URL of your site without the "https". Then click on the "+" on the right to add your domain.
You can add as many specific domains as you want.
- Then, click on the "SAVE & CONTINUE" button at the bottom right of the screen.
Note that you can at any time preview your banner by clicking on "PREVIEW" at the top right of your screen.
✅ Look & Feel
The second step "LOOK & FEEL" allows you to customize the appearance of your banner.
- You can choose the format of your banner:
- The bottom of the page. (Bottom)
- The top of the page. (Top)
- A pop-in blocking the access of the site to the user until he has made his choice of consent.
The IAB TCF requires that the complete list of data processing and legal bases used by your organization and its partners appear on the notice view of your consent notice.
To know more about the IAB TCF requirements, you can read our article about requirements of a GDPR-compliant consent notice.
- Then choose the color (the theme) and the font of your banner.
The first color corresponds to the button and the overall color of your banner.
The second color corresponds to the color of the links.
You can add your logo URL, which will appear on the first page of the notice if you choose the Pop-in format.
- Choose the language of your banner.
You can choose a default language, which will be displayed when the user's language is not available.
You can also select other languages. They will be displayed according to the detected browser language of the user.
For example: if you add Spanish, as soon as a user has a Spanish browser the banner will be displayed in Spanish.
We currently have 35 languages available that you can choose from.
- Choose the texts that will appear on your banner.
- Enter the name of your company first. It will appear on the second page of the banner if the user clicks on "Learn more". It will be placed just above the text "Preferences".
Didomi provides a standard text that was validated by the IAB Europe and that is regularly updated to remain in compliance with the framework. You can also use your own approved text. Only the IAB Europe is able to approve texts. To get your text approved, send an email to email@example.com with your text and asking the IAB Europe to review and approve the compliance of your notice text with the TCF policies.
When using a standard text on Web, the list of purposes will be automatically displayed in your notice and cannot be hidden.
If you do not want to use Didomi's approved text and do not want to get your own text approved, you can use a fully custom text and you will have to disable the TCF integration on your website or mobile app.
Next, you can enter the texts that will appear on the banner once the user clicks on "Learn more", in the second and third view of the notice.
If you change the default texts, you have to translate them.
- Add CSS to customize the banner.
📰 Here is our technical documentation to know more about what items you can customize.
- Click "SAVE & CONTINUE" to go to the next step.
You can always go back to the previous steps by clicking on the name of the step at the top of your screen:
✅ Vendors & Purposes
This step allows you to add the partners present on your site to collect the consent for them.
Feel free to run an audit of your website to obtain the list of vendors present on your site with our Compliance Report tool.
- You can add all IAB vendors by clicking on "All IAB vendors", select some or none.
Here is a list of all IAB vendors.
- You can then add all other non-IAB partners on your website by clicking on "+ NEW VENDOR".
We already have a number of available partners (Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp).
- To create a new partner, click on the "+ NEW VENDOR" button.
- Once created, you will have your custom vendor ID. It allows to block your vendor with our GTM integration:
You also have the option to fill out more information about your custom partner by clicking on "Advanced".
This is all the necessary information to have on a data processor according to the GDPR.
You can choose to link your custom vendors to an IAB purpose.
If you wish, you can link your custom vendor to a customized purpose. In this case, you can choose if you want your purposes to have consent or legitimate interest as a legal basis.
For this, you need to create a new purpose in the Didomi console.
⚠️ Before switching to the creation of purposes, don't forget to save the vendors set up you've just created: "SAVE & CONTINUE" at the very end of the Vendors & Purposes step of your consent notice.
- Go to the menu on the left, click on "Data Manager", then on "PURPOSES" and finally on "+ ADD PURPOSE" at the top right.
Then enter the name of your purpose. The default language is English, but you can translate it into French by clicking on the "English" icon on the top left.
- Once your purpose is added, you will find it when you create your partner mingled with the IAB purposes. Once your new partner and purpose is created, click on "SAVE" to move to the next step.
- The next section, "IAB TCF Publisher Restrictions", allows you to restrict the purposes by vendor and specify the legal basis. You can read more about these restrictions in this article.
- You can also select and modify the stacks of IAB purposes that appear in the notice in the section "Group TCF purposes as stacks". Find out more in this article.
Further down, you will find a "PURPOSES" section. For instance, when you select "ALL IAB VENDORS", the IAB purposes will display in this section. They will be the ones appearing in the preferences view of your consent notice.
This is what is looks like in the preference view:
- You can now also create your own custom category, by clicking on "+ ADD CATEGORY". For instance, if you want to add a "Personalised Ads" category, you will have to click on "+ ADD CATEGORY", give it a name and a description and hit the "SAVE CATEGORY" button.
In order for the category to be displayed in the preferences view, you have to add at least one purpose to it. To add a purpose, you have to drag and drop it under the category that you want to link it to. The purposes you can drag and drop will appear in this section according to the vendors you have selected above.
- Then click on "SAVE AND CONTINUE" to move to the next step.
- In this step, you will be able to choose the country that your company is operating from in the section "Company Country".
This step also allows companies based outside the EU to choose to display the banner only to users based in the EU.
If you are an EU-based company, let the "Apply GDPR Globally" box checked.
In the section "Notice buttons" (Consent Collection), you can choose whether or not you want to add an option to disagree to consent in the first view of the banner. This article explains this option further.
- Then, you can collect the consent with the click of navigation by selecting the option "Navigation".
The consent to the click of navigation makes it possible to collect the consent when a user click on one of the links on your site.
If you choose this option, you have the option to set a delay so that the Didomi script has time to retrieve the user's consent status for the first page before loading the page the user wants to go to. This serves in particular to allow time for your audience measurement tool to retrieve the necessary information (the advantage of this option is if you condition the deposit of cookies of your audience measurement tool to the consent of the user). We do not recommend using this option as this is not a clear, unambiguous consent according to the EDPB guidelines.
The "BOTS" option allows you to display or not the banner to robots (especially for SEO). If you check this box, the banner will be displayed when a robot visits your website. We recommend that you leave this box unticked.
- In "Advanced", you can choose to recollect consent on a precise date.
You can also choose after how many days you want to re-display the banner if you add new vendors, or if new IAB vendors are added to the framework.
The banner will not be displayed again until the number of days you have set.
The Custom Json field allows you to add options that are not available yet in the console such as banner position, text alignment, logo alignment, and so on.
📰 You can read our technical documentation in order to learn all the options offered by Didomi.
- Click on "SAVE & CONTINUE" to go to the next step.
- This step allows you to select integrations offered by Didomi.
Our first integration is with the IAB TCF. You can choose to disable it if you are not working with IAB vendors by unchecking the "IAB Transparency & Consent framework" box.
We have integrations with Google Ad Manager and Salesforce.
Our integration with Google Ad Manager allows you to share the consent status with this tool.
We allow you to launch non-personalized advertising before the user has given consent and to refresh to display targeted advertisements when the user has given consent. Just check the two boxes.
However it is not recommended to choose these options because it does not comply with EU regulations. We recommend you to block Google Ad Manager until the user gives his consent.
In our article, you can learn more about Google's Additional Consent Mode, which sends consent information to ATP vendors.
We also have integrations with some tag managers, including Google Tag Manager. Our integration with Google Tag Manager allows you to send consent information to GTM. For more information, read our 📰 dedicated documentation.
🎉 Your tag is ready!
- You can preview your Consent Notice by clicking on "PREVIEW" on the top right.
- Then you just have to click on the "SAVE & PUBLISH" button on the top right, copy and paste your tag and insert it on the header of your website code.
- Do not forget to block the vendors by conditioning the loading of the tags to the user consent.
- For IAB vendors you have nothing to set up. All you have to do is declare them in the vendors section. The consent string allows them to retrieve the user's consent status.
- On the other hand, for all the non IAB vendors, it is necessary to block them and condition the loading of the tags to the user's consent.
📰 If you use GTM here is the documentation.
📰 If you do not use GTM here is the documentation.
📰 To block out vendors on your mobile app check this documentation.
Finally do not forget to insert this link to the banner:
The user must be able to withdraw his consent at any time.
💡 If you have any questions, reach out to our Support team!