Our new feature allows you to create your Consent Notice banner in a few clicks, directly from the console.
Previously, you had to follow our technical documentation for developers to create your tag.
Now, there are just a few steps to follow to get your tag and implement it on your website.
Here is a short guide to help you to create your Consent Notice:
- Go to the Didomi console.
- Click on Consent Notices (1) in the left menu.
- Click on + CREATE NOTICE (2) in the top right corner.
🎉 You can now start creating your Consent Notice!
- Watch our video tutorial below for more information about this process.
- The first step ENVIRONMENT allows you to choose where you want to deploy your banner.
- Enter the name of your banner.
- Choose to create your banner either on your website, on your mobile app or on your CTV app.
- Select the option you want: Website, AMP website, Mobile App or Television App.
When you have several domains linked to a single API key, you can choose to deploy the Consent Notice on all your domains or to deploy it only on a specific domain.
👉This is especially useful if you want to customize the banner according to the design of your different sites.
🎥Tutorial: Understand the Environment step and the notice type
To deploy the Consent Notice on a specific domain:
- Click on custom domain.
- Enter the URL of your site without the "https".
- Click on the + on the right to add your domain.
- You can add as many specific domains as you want.
- Click on the SAVE & CONTINUE button at the bottom right of the screen.
Note that you can at any time preview your banner by clicking on PREVIEW at the top right of your screen.
🎥Tutorial: How to configure the domains on my notice?
✅ Look & Feel
The second step, LOOK & FEEL, allows you to customize the appearance of your banner.
- Watch our video tutorial below for more information about the Look & Feel step.
- Choose the format of your banner:
- The bottom of the page. (Bottom)
- The top of the page. (Top)
- A pop-in blocking the access of the site to the user until he has made his choice of consent.
👉 The IAB TCF requires that the complete list of data processing and legal bases used by your organization and its partners appear on the notice view of your consent notice.
👉 To learn more about the IAB TCF requirements, you can read our article about requirements of a GDPR-compliant consent notice.
- Choose the color (the theme).
- Choose the font of your banner.
👉The first color corresponds to the button and the overall color of your banner.
The second color corresponds to the color of the links.
- Add your logo URL, which will appear on the first page of the notice if you choose the Pop-in format.
Choose the language of your banner.
- You can choose a default language, which will be displayed when the user's language is not available.
👉You can also select other languages. They will be displayed according to the detected browser language of the user. For example: if you add Spanish, as soon as a user has a Spanish browser, the banner will be displayed in Spanish.
- Choose the texts that will appear on your banner.
- Enter the name of your company first. It will appear on the second page of the banner if the user clicks on Learn more. It will be placed just above the text Preferences.
- Didomi provides a standard text that was validated by the IAB Europe and that is regularly updated to remain in compliance with the framework.
- When using a standard text on Web, the list of purposes will be automatically displayed in your notice and cannot be hidden.
- If you do not want to use Didomi's approved text, you can use a fully custom text and you will have to disable the TCF integration on your website or mobile app.
- Enter the texts that will appear on the banner once the user clicks on Learn more, in the second and third view of the notice.
👉If you change the default texts, you have to translate them.
- Add CSS to customize the banner.
👉You can add CSS to customize some elements of the banner, such as the font, buttons and even the format of your banner.
👉📰 Here is our technical documentation to know more about what items you can customize.
- Click SAVE & CONTINUE.
- Go to the next step.
🎥Tutorial: How to configure the Look & Feel of my consent notice?
✅ Vendors & Purposes
- Watch our video tutorial below for more information about this process.
This step allows you to add the partners present on your site to collect consent for them.
- Run an audit of your website to get the list of vendors present on your site with our Compliance Report tool.
- You can add all IAB vendors by clicking on "All IAB vendors", select some or none.
- Here is a list of all IAB vendors.
- You can add all other non-IAB partners on your website by clicking on + NEW VENDOR.
- We already have a number of available partners (Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp).
- To create a new partner, click on the + NEW VENDOR button.
- Once created, you will have your custom vendor ID. It allows to block your vendor with our GTM integration:
- You also have the option to fill out more information about your custom partner by clicking on Advanced.
This is all the necessary information to have on a data processor according to the GDPR.
- You can choose to link your custom vendors to an IAB purpose.
If you wish, you can link your custom vendor to a customized purpose. In this case, you can choose if you want your purposes to have consent or legitimate interest as a legal basis.
⚠️ Before switching to the creation of purposes, don't forget to save the vendors set up you've just created: "SAVE & CONTINUE" at the very end of the Vendors & Purposes step of your consent notice.
- Go to the menu on the left.
- Click on Data Manager.
- Click on PURPOSES.
- Click on + ADD PURPOSE at the top right.
- Enter the name of your purpose. The default language is English, but you can translate it into another language by clicking on the "English" icon on the top left.
👉Once your purpose is added, you will find it when you create your partner mingled with the IAB purposes.
- Click on SAVE to move to the next step.
👉The next section, IAB TCF Publisher Restrictions, allows you to restrict the purposes by vendor and specify the legal basis. You can read more about these restrictions in this article.
👉You can also select and modify the stacks of IAB purposes that appear in the notice in the section Group TCF purposes as stacks. Find out more in this article.
👉Further down, you will find a PURPOSES section. For instance, when you select ALL IAB VENDORS, the IAB purposes will display in this section. They will be the ones appearing in the preferences view of your consent notice.
This is what is looks like in the preference view:
🎥Tutorial: How to manage the purposes and the vendors of my consent notice?
You can now also create your own custom category:
- Clicking on + ADD CATEGORY.
- For instance, if you want to add a "Personalised Ads" category, click on + ADD CATEGORY.
- Name it.
- Add a description.
- Hit the SAVE CATEGORY button.
👉In order for the category to be displayed in the preferences view, you have to add at least one purpose to it. To add a purpose:
- Drag and drop it under the category that you want to link it to. The purposes you can drag and drop will appear in this section, according to the vendors you have selected above.
- Click on SAVE AND CONTINUE to move to the next step.
In this step, you will be able to choose the country that your company is operating from in the section Company Country.
- Watch our video tutorial below for more information about the Behavior step.
This step also allows companies based outside the European Union (EU) to choose to display the banner only to users based in the EU. If you are an EU-based company, leave the Apply GDPR Globally box checked.
In the section Notice buttons (Consent Collection), you can choose whether or not you want to add an option to disagree to consent in the first view of the banner. This article explains this option further.
Then, you can collect the consent with the click of navigation by selecting the option Navigation. The consent to the click of navigation makes it possible to collect the consent when a user click on one of the links on your site.
If you choose this option, you are able set a delay so that the Didomi script has time to retrieve the user's consent status for the first page before loading the page the user wants to go to. This is particularly useful to allow time for your audience measurement tool to retrieve the necessary information (the advantage of this option is if you condition the deposit of cookies of your audience measurement tool to the consent of the user).
We do not recommend using this option as this is not a clear, unambiguous consent according to the EDPB guidelines.
The "BOTS" option allows you to display or not the banner to robots (especially for SEO). If you check this box, the banner will be displayed when a robot visits your website. We recommend that you leave this box unticked.
In Advanced, you can choose to re-collect consent on a precise date.
You can also choose after how many days you want to re-display the banner. The banner will not be displayed again until the number of days you have set.
- if you add new custom vendors to your notice: you can re-collect consent by specifying the window for re-collecting consent.
- if new IAB vendors are added to the framework and you selected the option “All IAB vendors”: you can re-collect consent specifying the window for re-collecting consent as well.
- if you add a new IAB vendor and you did not select the option “All IAB vendors”: you need to select a precise date for consent re-collection. If you only specify a re-collection window in days, the notice will not be redisplayed and the vendor will be considered "denied".
The Custom Json field allows you to add options that are not available yet in the console such as banner position, text alignment, logo alignment, and so on.
📰 Read our technical documentation to learn all the options offered by Didomi.
Click on SAVE & CONTINUE to go to the next step.
🎥Tutorial: How to manage the Behavior step of my consent notice?
This step allows you to select integrations offered by Didomi.
Our first integration is with the IAB TCF. You can choose to disable it if you are not working with IAB vendors by unchecking the IAB Transparency & Consent framework box.
We have integrations with Google Ad Manager and Salesforce.
Our integration with Google Ad Manager allows you to share the consent status with this tool.
We allow you to launch non-personalized advertising before the user has given consent and to refresh to display targeted advertisements when the user has given consent. Just check the two boxes.
However it is not recommended to choose these options because it does not comply with EU regulations. We recommend you to block Google Ad Manager until the user gives his consent.
In our article, you can learn more about Google's Additional Consent Mode, which sends consent information to ATP vendors.
We also have integrations with some tag managers, including Google Tag Manager. Our integration with Google Tag Manager allows you to send consent information to GTM. For more information, read our 📰 dedicated documentation.
🎉 Your tag is ready!
🎥Tutorial: How to set integrations on my consent notice?
You can preview your Consent Notice:
- Click on PREVIEW on the top right.
- Click on the SAVE & PUBLISH button on the top right.
- Copy and paste your tag and insert it on the header of your website code.
👉Do not forget to block the vendors by conditioning the loading of the tags to the user consent.
For IAB vendors, you have nothing to set up. All you have to do is declare them in the vendors section. The consent string allows them to retrieve the user's consent status.
On the other hand, for all the non IAB vendors, it is necessary to block them and condition the loading of the tags to the user's consent.
📰 If you use GTM here is the documentation.
📰 If you do not use GTM here is the documentation.
📰 To block out vendors on your mobile app check this documentation.
Finally, do not forget to insert this link to the banner:
The user must be able to withdraw his consent at any time.
🎥Tutorial: How to use the Embed section of your consent notice?
💡 If you have any questions, reach out to our Support team!